Rent or Own. No sunny rooftop required. Subscribe to a community solar project. Get clean energy and reduce your electric bill by at least 5%. Really!
The Oregon Community Solar Program allows thousands of Oregonians to power their homes with solar energy, even if they don’t own their home or have a sunny roof. You can too, by subscribing to a large off-site solar project being built here in Oregon.
It’s easy to enroll, there’s no up-front cost, and you will save ~5% (or up to 30% if you income-qualify) on your electric bill once the solar farm is completed. All you need is a recent electric bill or your account number.
Sign up today! Here’s how:
- Login to your electric utility (PGE or Pacific Power) and download your latest bill
- Go to Oregon Shines and click Sign Up (or check out Oregon Community Solar Program for other groups offering community solar)
- On the Oregon Shines site, fill out the online form, which asks for basic info like your name, address, email, birth date and your electric utility
- Confirm whether you qualify as low income or not, using the chart they provide. If you do, you get some additional benefits, including a bigger discount on your electric bill, and you’ll be redirected to the Community Energy Project
- Upload your electric bill
- Select which solar project you’d like to sign up for. They’ll do their best to slot you into that project, or put you into the next available project
- Provide your electronic signature and click Submit
- You’ll get a confirmation email, along with a Final Participant Agreement, and will be notified when your solar project is up and running and you can expect to start seeing discounts on your electric bill. Voilá!
Not just for homes & apartments:
Don’t stop with your personal electric bill! If you own a business or live in a home owner association with an electric bill, you can sign those up too, using the same process.